Before founding Winghart Law Group, Drew worked with firms specializing in complex civil litigation matters in State and Federal Courts. Drew has extensive experience in intellectual property, real estate, insurance coverage, and commercial transaction litigation. Drew is also a trusted adviser to small and medium-sized businesses and regularly acts as an outside General Counsel to businesses across a wide range of industries. Below is a select list of representative matters.
Copyright & Trademark
- Adobe Systems v. Baker. Successfully resolved copyright and trademark infringement claims by the software manufacturer against the individual and obtained a favorable dismissal of the lawsuit.
- CJ Products v. Pet Nap Pals. Represented a small business accused of copyright, trademark, and unfair competition for the sale of a competing product, eliminating a significant portion of Plaintiff’s claims.
- Petking v. Petking.net. Successfully negotiated continued use of disputed mark over trademark owner’s demand to cease and desist all use of the mark.
- Representation of homeowners in Bankruptcy Court litigation against contractor to dispute of discharge of debts incurred in construction project.
- Obtained a judgment of over $200,000 against contractor.
- Representation of contractors and subcontractors relating to indemnity and defective work claims.
- Worked with homeowners against contractors for remodeling defects.
- Represented LLC Members in suit alleging fraud against managing member in multi-million real estate company.
- Representing company executives in post-bankruptcy civil claims as guarantors of company debt obligations.
- Representation of multiple companies in commercial contract disputes, including performance claims as well as debt litigation.
Selected Intellectual Property Legal Experience
- Obtaining a dismissal – without payment – of the Firm’s client who was accused of hundreds of acts of copyright and trademark infringement by selling counterfeit retail goods.
- Successfully negotiating a settlement on behalf of an individual accused by a global trade association and one of the world’s largest software developers of re-selling computer software.
- Obtaining a six figure settlement on behalf of an individual whose image was found being used by a resort without permission.
- Assisting an author in negotiating terms for the adaptation of the book into a feature-length movie.
- Representing a software developer in negotiating terms for the sale of the business to a major software retailer.
- Defending company accused of cyber-squatting and obtained resolution of matter with the Firm’s client retaining all rights to domain.
- Representing dozens of individuals accused of individuals accused of illegal file-sharing by use of BitTorrent and peer-to-peer networks.
- Assisting client taking down offensive material posted on-line through the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Representing a former employee of theft of trade secrets in complex patent litigation.
“He was knowledgeable and informed without being pretentious or overwhelming.” - Former Client
“[Drew has] an approach that not only inspired confidence about my case, but generated the results we were looking for.” - Former Client
“We had a simple breach of contract case and Drew was able to get a default judgment against the defendants very quickly.” - Michael M.