Business Law Attorney
Counsel for Business Formation, Planning, Governance & Dissolution in Palo Alto and Redwood City
Winghart Law Group, Inc. offers business law services, representing businesses of all sizes and across myriad industries. From startups to established and growing businesses, we work with you and your team to develop legal strategies that help you focus on the big picture of your business.
Whether you are negotiating a small contract or brokering the deal of a lifetime, you need a lawyer that is skilled in deal-making and negotiating and understands contracts and agreements. Additionally, should the need ever arise, an attorney that can protect your interests in disputes and litigation.
How We Help Businesses
Winghart Law Group, Inc. prepares your business for the best of times, manages you through uncertainty, and then protects your business if the worst occurs. We offer a variety of business planning and counseling services that can be used in combination to fit your unique business needs.
- Business Formation
- Business Planning
- Business Governance
- Contracts and Agreements
- Employment and Employee Agreements
- Transaction Issues
- Insurance Coverage and Claims
- Real Estate, Commercial Leases, and Land Use
- Products Liability
- Business Dissolution
What Are the Benefits of Business Counseling?
There are a couple of major benefits to using business counseling. Whether you are creating or operating a business, you may benefit from the following:
- Less risk. By working with a business attorney, you may be able to reduce financial as well as legal risk to your company. For example, an attorney can help you draft contracts, handle issues with transactions and can assist with insurance claims. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see a classic example of how working with a business lawyer can help you mitigate risk.
- Greater efficiency. If you were trying to handle difficult legal or financial issues on your own without the help of an attorney, then you could free up time for yourself to focus on your business. An attorney could help you with legal and financial matters.
- Greater protection for intellectual property. Does your business have intellectual property? If so, then your attorney can help you protect trade secrets, copyright, patents and trademarks. We can help you register for these as well.
- Easier time handling disputes. An attorney can help you resolve disputes, sometimes outside of a courtroom. Alternative dispute resolution is a service offered by our Redwood City business lawyer.
- Help raise capital. If you need help raising capital for your business, then an attorney can help you navigate securities laws.
- Help with incorporation and business structure. If you are creating a business, then a business lawyer can help you pick the best structure for your business.
Business Law Case Example
Our law firm had a client in the construction trades who had been offered a very substantial remodeling project. It was worth at least half of a year’s profits. The problem was that the work involved a product that was no longer being manufactured. Furthermore, the original manufacturer went out of business years ago.
The result was the need to use some trade expertise and know-how to complete the work. There was a substantial risk: working on a product that could not be replaced and if there was a failure, there was a chance of damages that would have bankrupted the company. Knowing the financial status of the company – a construction company amid an economic recession – our attorney knew they needed this job. With the understanding our client had the confidence in their ability to complete the work and knowing they needed the project, we were able to craft an agreement. This agreement respected their relationship with the owner of the building but protected them from some of the risk.
Making an effort to get to know the business is what made the deal possible and allowed the client to understand the potential risks and make the business decision.
Contact Our Business Attorney Today for a Consultation
If you have questions about a business law matter, contact our experienced business law attorney. Our law firm offers a free 30-minute consultation. Schedule a consultation today by filling out our online contact form or give us a call at (650) 332-2994.