Redwood City Business Counseling Attorney
Counsel for Business Formation, Planning, Governance & Dissolution
Winghart Law Group, Inc. offers business law services in Redwood City, CA, representing businesses of all sizes and across myriad industries. From startups to established and growing businesses, we work with you and your team to develop legal strategies that help you focus on the big picture of your business.
Whether you are negotiating a small contract or brokering the deal of a lifetime, you need a lawyer that is skilled in deal-making and negotiating and understands contracts and agreements. Our Redwood City business counseling attorney can protect your interests in disputes and litigation matters of all kinds.
We are here to give you the tools you need to help your business grow. Contact us today to learn more from our business counseling attorney in Redwood City.
How We Help Businesses in Redwood City, CA
Winghart Law Group, Inc. prepares your business for the best of times, manages you through uncertainty, and then protects your business if the worst occurs.
We offer a variety of business planning and counseling services that can be used in combination to fit your unique business needs:
- Business Formation
- Business Planning
- Business Governance
- Contracts and Agreements
- Employment and Employee Agreements
- Transaction Issues
- Insurance Coverage and Claims
- Real Estate, Commercial Leases, and Land Use
- Products Liability
- Business Dissolution
- Intellectual Property, Copyrights, and Trademarks
What Are the Benefits of Business Counseling?
There are a couple of major benefits to using business counseling.
Whether you are creating or operating a business, you may benefit from the following:
- Less risk. By working with a Redwood City business counseling attorney, you may be able to reduce financial as well as legal risk to your company. For example, an attorney can help you draft contracts, handle issues with transactions, and can assist with insurance claims. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see a classic example of how working with a business lawyer can help you mitigate risk.
- Greater efficiency. If you were trying to handle difficult legal or financial issues on your own without the help of an attorney, then you could free up time for yourself to focus on your business. A Redwood City business counseling attorney could help you with legal and financial matters.
- Greater protection for intellectual property. Does your business have intellectual property? If so, then your attorney can help you protect trade secrets, copyright, patents, and trademarks. We can help you register for these as well.
- Easier time handling disputes. An attorney can help you resolve disputes, sometimes outside of a courtroom. Alternative dispute resolution is a service offered by our Redwood City business counseling lawyer.
- Help raise capital. If you need help raising capital for your business, then a Redwood City business counseling attorney can help you navigate securities laws.
- Help with incorporation and business structure. If you are creating a business, then a business counseling lawyer in Redwood City can help you pick the best structure for your business.
Business Law Case Example
Our law firm had a client in the construction trades who had been offered a very substantial remodeling project. It was worth at least half of a year’s profits. The problem was that the work involved a product that was no longer being manufactured. Furthermore, the original manufacturer went out of business years ago.
The result was the need to use some trade expertise and know-how to complete the work. There was a substantial risk: working on a product that could not be replaced and if there was a failure, there was a chance of damages that would have bankrupted the company. Knowing the financial status of the company – a construction company amid an economic recession – our Redwood City business counseling attorney knew they needed this job. With the understanding that our client had the confidence in their ability to complete the work and knowing they needed the project, we were able to craft an agreement. This agreement respected their relationship with the owner of the building but protected them from some of the risks.
Making an effort to get to know the business is what made the deal possible and allowed the client to understand the potential risks and make the business decision.
If you have questions about a business law matter, contact our experienced business counseling attorney in Redwood City.